Having an air conditioner for your home or office in Singapore helps keep you cool and comfortable. And with proper aircon servicing, they keep a room cool by transferring heat from the inside to the outside for a long time without a problem.
Knowing the different parts also makes it easier for you to keep a clean AC on your own. And with the right aircon maintenance done by reliable air conditioning services, you can make home AC repair a breeze.
The Different Parts of an Air Conditioner
The major parts of an A/C unit manage the refrigerant and move hot air inside the room to outside the room, and the cold air is what goes back in while the hot air is expelled outside. Typically, an A/C unit is made of the following parts:
• Evaporator coil – The part that receives the liquid refrigerant that cools down the air being pushed into the room
• Condenser coil – The component of the air conditioning unit that allows the heat to transfer from one area to another
• Expansion valve – This component that limits and controls the flow of refrigerant into the evaporator
• Compressor – The part that pressurizes the refrigerant as it goes through the evaporator coil, turning it into a liquid to help with the cooling process. A defective compressor can reduce the cooling process, which makes the unit take up more energy.
• Fan – The part of the A/C unit that blows the cool air back into the room
• Refrigerant – The cooling chemical used in the air conditioning unit to lower the temperature.
• Air filter – Traps dust and keeps it from getting into the unit. The air filter is the first part you should look to when doing regular air conditioner cleaning, since it’s the easiest to remove.
While these parts are not always seen when you wash and maintain your air cooling system, they deserve to be cleaned and checked regularly by a professional AC repair man in Singapore. Dirty coils and a clogged air filter are a huge no-no if you want to maintain the efficiency of your air conditioning unit.
Your air conditioner not cooling means that something is wrong with its internal parts. Aside from the previously mentioned causes, your AC unit can also start leaking. This means it has insufficient coolant and would be less effective in keeping the room cool.
Alternatively, your AC unit could also have a faulty thermostat, which makes it hard to tell if it’s cooling at the right temperature.
Calling Aircon Servicing for Your Home or Office
Having aircon service look at the problem instead of trying to solve it yourself will save you a lot of time and money later on, especially when it comes to aircon repair and the overall cost of aircon servicing.
With a reliable aircon servicing, you also get to see how you can upkeep AC and respond in case you need to fix cooling system failures in your AC units.