Kids actually love to exercise. But thanks to the presence of computers and video games, today’s kids live a more sedentary lifestyle. This is the very reason why it’s more important than ever to get them moving whenever possible. From trampoline tricks to fun games, here are five fun workout ideas that’ll surely pull your young ones off the chair and get them moving.
- Swimming. Most kids love playing in the water, so capitalize on their enjoyment by giving them a regular opportunity to exercise while swimming. Visit a nearby swimming pool once a week and have them take on physical challenges on water like shark in the water or scavenger hunt. With this, your kid will be able to enjoy the pool while performing a fun and impact-free workout.
- Team Sport. Not only will this allow your kids to be active, doing team sports will also help your child in developing their skills in the sport of their choice. It will also aid in improving their coordination, cardiovascular fitness and spatial awareness. Aside from that, your child will learn to overcome his or her shyness, while developing his own sense of resilience and self-concept.
- Mountain Biking. Cycling is known to be an excellent cardiovascular exercise that can provide a great overall workout as well. Aside from that, mountain biking also provides a good opportunity to get the entire family off the couch. Once you’re done cycling, you can go explore the mountain trails and stop off for an afternoon picnic. With this workout, you’ll be able to burn calories while spending some quality time with your loved ones.
- Kid-Friendly Circuit. By keeping your routine short, mixing and throwing up adult-type movements, you’ll be able to provide your kids with some great cardio-resistant combo workout. Just select eight exercise moves that they can perform for a minute each without any rest, then have them complete two to three circuits of the movements.
- Gamefication. Take advantage of your child’s obsession with video games by slipping in some exercise-related gaming applications. One of the best apps to try is Fitocracy, as it allows your child to progress through different levels as they work their way through physical challenge adventures.
Motivating your child to exercise isn’t really that difficult. You just need to be creative in coming up with their workout routines, and encourage them to have a balanced computer and exercising time.