Although renting an apartment has a lot of perks, having lots of space isn’t one of them. Luckily, there are things that you can do to improve your current situation without the need to change into bigger apartments. Manage and get the most out of your limited space by following these apartment organization tips.
- Use Your Ceiling. When you think that you’ve already used all the available spaces in your home, try looking up for other possibilities, like your ceiling. Try installing some sturdy pot racks and hooks to create an area where you can hang your pans and pots. You’ll be surprise as to how much space you’ll be able to free up in your kitchen cabinets and counter.
- Opt for Space-Saving Furniture. A good way to save up space and make your nook appear bigger, is to opt for space-saving furniture. Purchase items like the drop-down ironing board, a foldable guest bed, or a dining table with foldable extenders that you can adjust depending on the number of diners you’ll have.
- Ditch the Wooden Dividers. Wooden dividers are what consumes a lot of space in a studio unit apartment. The next time you perform some general cleaning in your place, get rid of those dividers and replace them with fabric curtains. It will serve the same purpose of dividing your space into several sections, while using very little space. Using sheer curtain dividers also allows more natural light in, making your room more spacious, airy and brighter.
- Stick with Basic Furniture. Having extra space is what provides an illusion of spaciousness in a small area. A good way to achieve this? Stick with the basic furniture, or go for home items that can also be used for storage.
- Declutter Regularly. When you leave in a condominium unit, there’s no room for sentimentality on things that only eat up so much space. Maximize your limited space by regularly going through and organizing your stuff at home. If you think you won’t be able to use some of these items in the future, then sell or give them away.
Making your apartment more spacious is pretty easy. You’ll surely be surprised as to how much space you’ll be able to save just by following the aforementioned tips and shopping wisely of the home items that you’ll need.