You always hear your mother scolding you for perennially picking your pimples. She said it will leave a mark and just leave it be. You already know that it will make a mark but sometimes it is hard not to notice and get pissed every time you see yourself in the mirror. This is a common scenario for most teenagers here in Singapore.
Once or twice in your life, you were plagued by acne. The dark marks are expected if you perennially picked at your pimples. What is the best way to hide the unpleasant dark spots? Makeup can at least conceal it ideally but sometimes, the more you hide things, the more it can draw attention. In this line, it is important that you know what makeup to use to achieve the right look.
Here are some makeup tips for skin with acne scars:
- Always prime: Before anything else, do not forget to do priming. With the help of a good and trusted primer brand, you will prepare your complexion. Primers are important because it can smoothen your problem areas. Some primers are effective when it comes to filling out the scarring at the same time brightening your whole face.
- Forget about glowing: You are always tempted to get that dewiness or glowing look but if you have many scars, it cannot help conceal. You should know that luminous formulas have content that can emphasize the flat skin and the scarred skin. The best thing to do is to choose matte products. Matte products are effective because of their ability to absorb light. This will result to softening of scarred areas.
- Use color-correct: After putting layers of concealer but dark spots are still visible, it is time that you learn to use color-correct. There are different products that you can consider so do not worry about it. To totally hide the dark spots, use a peach-toned concealer.
- Consider setting spray: Putting makeup is in itself hard work. You should always preserve your hard work so think about having setting spray. Setting spray will extend the life of the base you used plus it will not leave a dry powdery effect on your skin.
- Try buying an airbrush: Finally, for a smooth application around the scarring, you should at least try or purchase airbrush. There are many airbrush available in the market. You just have to buy this because at the end of application, it can leave your skin naturally glowing.