There are people who worship the sun to the point of overexposing themselves to it. People should be careful because sunburn can cause great pain and discomfort. Getting sun is not wrong but too much is harmful. The rays these days are not as healthy like before. So, if you are thinking about getting a tan, you should be prepared to counter your sunburn.
The good news is that you can counter sunburn through home remedies. However, these remedies cannot reverse the effects of rays. The remedies will only make your skin better. Here are some tips that you can consider when you are enduring sunburn:
- Use aloe vera: Aloe vera is best to reduce the redness of the skin and the sting you are feeling. This plant can be purchased readily.
- Use cool compress: To relieve the discomfort that you feel, you can consider cool compress. Just look for a washcloth and soak it in cool water. You can directly apply the compress directly to your burned skin.
- Moisturize: Looking for a moisturizing cream here in Singapore is not difficult. If you have any moisturizing cream in your house, you can use that. The moisturizers will prevent excessive drying.
- Use potatoes: Not all Singaporeans know that potatoes can be an excellent pain reliever. You should cut the potatoes into small pieces then blend it. After they are pulverized, you can directly apply it to your sunburn. You can take a bath after.
- Apply cornstarch: For the bikini lines and armpits, you can put a dusting of cornstarch to avoid irritating it. You have to at least ease the chafing of your clothing.
If the pain persists, you can always go to your local drugstore and purchase over-the-counter pain reliever. When you consider pain relievers, be sure to follow the directions provided by the bottle. If you feel uncomfortable, you should stop using it.