Maintaining a clean and functioning bathroom is an important step to avoiding health problems in the family and avoiding embarrassment in case you have guests. This is why finding the best plumbing services in Singapore is critical to avoiding emergency fixes and possible renovation that will cost more.
Here is a list of common bathroom plumbing problems that you need to pay attention to.
• Clogged Drains. Even if you clean your bathroom regularly, it is still possible for soap and hair to clog the drains over time. Minimal clogs can be cleared with a plunger or a mixture of vinegar and baking soda. However, to avoid damaging the drain, it would be better to call a 24 hours pipe contractor in Singapore to take care of your clogged drainage system. A professional plumber knows very well how to handle drain blockage and fix broken pipe in a fast and efficient manner.
• Water Temperature. If you have a water heater, it’s important to have it calibrated regularly by a PUB licensed plumber. They are equipped with the tools and know-how to fix almost any brand and type of water heater. This is especially important if the water heater is connected to a system in the apartment complex.
• Pipe Leaks. Silent leaks can be dangerous if ignored. Over time, the water can cause structural damage that will cost more than simple repairs. However, this can be difficult to detect without the help of a professional. To avoid silent leaks, schedule regular inspections with a reliable HDB plumbing contractor that specializes in apartment complexes. Older buildings might also need new plumbing and better fixtures to minimize problems.
• Dripping Faucet. This is so common in homes that it’s easy to ignore them until the fixture finally breaks. When this happens, the plumbing cost of an early repair is cheaper than having to contact an emergency plumber. You will also be wasting a lot of water that can hurt your monthly water bill.
• Running Toilet. This issue can also hurt your water bill as most toilets use up 200 gallons of water because of leaks. It can be avoided with regular inspection and minor repairs to the flapper valve by cheap plumbers.
• Choked Toilet. No one wants a choked toilet bowl that does not drain right away when flushed. There are several causes for a clogged toilet, but usually it’s caused by blockages of certain objects (e.g. toilet papers, sanitary napkins, bar soap, etc.). If you do not want to deal with this pesky situation, call for a professional help to remove choke in toilet right away. Experienced and certified plumbers in Singapore are experts in dealing with these problems and can guarantee to fix your plumbing issue in no time.
• Toilet Parts Failure. Heavy use can eventually cause wear and tear on the toilet parts, especially if the apartment unit you’re renting is at least ten years old. It is also easy to diagnose a toilet problem whenever you use it. Do not attempt to fix it yourself and call a 24 hours plumber instead.
• Low Water Pressure. Older apartment buildings commonly experience low water pressure because of hidden leaks. You might want to contact your landlord about looking for a plumbing services company. Your best bet is not only to fix broken pipes but to replace the old pipes entirely. Chances are, not only does it have several leaks, it is also corroded.
• Old Fixtures and Pipes. If you are moving into an old apartment, you will want to have a professional plumber inspect the toilet, sinks, pipes, and fixtures. Only a professional plumbing contractor should install a sink, replace old pipes, and install new fixtures.